Re: FTP for other harp stuff...

> With an FTP site you can get what you want when you want it, but you
> gotta have direct internet access over SLIP or PPP and that aint cheap.

This used to be painfully true, but these days, things are different.
Kaiwan (and I'm sure many other internet access providers) provide
slip and ppp (serial line interface protocol, and point to point protocol)
accounts for around $20 per month for 150 hours.

But it doesn't require slip or other direct internet access for ftp,
because they provide ftp access through their shell account.  When I ftp,
it uses their tcp/ip address, retrieves the file to their system into my
directory, and then allows me to retrieve it via zmodem or??

 -- mike