Re: which chromatic

> >I have a CX-12, and it's nothing short of incredible.  It plays like a
> >dream.  [etc.]
>
> I recently bought a CX-12 to replace my tired old Hohner 260, and I,
> too, love it. In addition to tone, responsiviness and all that, I like
> its smooth, integrated playing surface. It's easy on the corners of the
> mouth, and I don't get facial hairs caught in the slide assembly like I
> did with my Hohner. Also, it's incredibly easy to take apart, clean and
> reassamble. As to overpriced, well, it is pricey, but I feel that I got
> value for my money, especially with Farrell's discount.

I sometimes forget that many people actually pay retail (yuk!) when
discussing price.  At suggested list of something like $160, yes, it's
too much.  At Kevins $103 or Farrels slightly less, no it's not too much.

I was wondering if you could comment on the tone and loudness of the
CX-12 in comparison to your 260 in its prime.  My guesstimate is that
it's about 10 dB louder than any chro I've ever experienced.

 -- mike