BOB MINER AT ROSE PARADE

Yesterday my Email box included a surprise letter titled, Headed Your Way,
from Bob Miner of El Paso, stating he and wife Denise and their friend,
Detrie (sp?) made a spur-of-the-moment decision to drive to Pasadena for the
Rose Parade!  Their plan was to leave within the hour and drive straight
through to make it in time.  What a pleasant surprise that was, but I was
unable to contact them to let them know the parade would actually be held on
Monday, the 2nd, rather than New Year's Day - it is never held on a Sunday,
according to tradition.  When they arrived at their hotel, they learned they
had an extra 24 hours, which allowed them to get some sleep, relax, and spend
some extra time in the area.  We had a great visit this afternoon, all too
short, then they headed up to Bakersfield where Denise's sister lives.  They
will be back for the parade at 4:00 am, and we will walk the six blocks to
the parade route on Colorado Ave here in Pasadena.

Bob says he is really enjoying the Harp-L, and appreciates all the good
wishes he has received since he sighned on last week.  We had a chance to
talk about the past SPAH convention in Memphis, look at a video tape of the
Yellow Pine Harmonica Festival.  A lot of great memories.  He and Denise are
tentatively planning to attend the 1995 Yellow Pine Festival, Aug 4, 5 & 6.

Thanks, Bob, Denise, and Detrie, for making the drive to Pasadena, and
stopping by for such a pleasant surprise.  Always welcome.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL  --  BassHarp (Danny Wilson)