Re: Ultimos, Smoking, Sex

On Tue, 3 Jan 1995 KPGraham@xxxxxxx wrote:

>              How many Harp-Lers smoke? I would think that
> cigarettes and an activity that requires good wind would be
> mutually exclusive, but I know  that logic has very little to do with
> this question.
>
>       Keith

Hi, Happy New Year everyone, :-)

				I don't smoke but have fallen foul of this
thing about buying a "new" harp, to discover it had been played by a smoker.

In my case I bought a harp two years ago at a folk festival from a
stall run by Andy Mullins.

Normally I would not slag off a shop keeper in public, but I was burned by
this guy, be warned if your in the UK.

By the time I got to test the harp he had taken his stall and gone (run?)
away.

The harp STANK and tasted of hand rolled tobaco UGGGH!

Worse that that one note had been played (bent) so much I had to tweek
it to get it to play correctly.

(Did I mention that Mr. Mullins smokes hand rolled and is a blues harp
player by any chance?).

I will NEVER buy from Mullins again, thats for sure.

I got the harp set up properly by Brenda Power at the next Festival I was at.
(Lovely man that he is). That was Whitby two years ago for the record.

If it matters the harp was my sexy, black, Honer Pro harp in A.
Its one of my favorites, I love the low key harps.

Gordon.