Re: Louis Myers on harp?

Tell My Story Movin was recorded after he had suffered a stroke.  Louis
plays harp (and guitar on one cut).  It definitely wasn't one of his best
recordings.  He seems to have lost some dexterity (which is probably
expected.)  His harp playing is not as amplified as on the Cobra sides
and his playing is a bit more raw.  It is available from Earwig via
mail order.  Some of the tunes on it are pretty cool.

His harp playing was also recorded on an album w/Robert Jr. Lockwood and
the Aces.  He was also recorded by Delmark and I believe his harp playing
was featured on that as well (These sides were recently reissued on CD.
The name of the disc is "sweet Home Chicago")  He had recorded a couple
of other LPs under his own name and is featured on about a million other
blues recordings.

There was an interview with him and Little Walter in an early copy of
Living Blues.  Apparently,  he and Little Walter would swap instruments
regularly on gigs with Walter playing guitar and Louis blowing the harp.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Joe