Re: HARP-L Digest V94 #285

What is it about the list versus the digest? I've noticed that I miss
stuff on the list if I don't also check the digest.  I think the reason
you don't hear much about Lee Oskars is that the LO players are gun shy.
They're tired of defending harmonicas that Little Walter didn't play.
Sick of the tired line about how trebly and thin sounding all the
Japanese harmonicas are.  I play mostly LO diatonics.  I have a bunch of
SBS's and some 14 hole Marine Bands too.  They're both great for
different things.  I must admit that dealing with Lee Oskar as a company
is generally easier than the demi-gods at Hohner USA. That's because
Danny Wilson is such a nice guy and that's who you usually get when you
call LO.  There's an upside to Hohner too.  Although they're generally
uncommunicative as a company they do quietly fix their mistakes for free
if you send the harmonicas in for service.  I'm finding the List a tiny
bit too Chauvinistic for my tastes these days.  It seems to be dividing
into camps with correct and dogmatic partie lines.  I liked Tim's saying
this is what works for me why don't you try it? in his thumbs post
today.  There really isn't much absolute right or wrong in the harmonica
world.   Perhaps we can all try to couch our posts in the terms of what
we've found works for us and not this is the correct and absolute only
way to do this.  I'm the first to admit that I am on occasion guilty of
this very style I am now attacking.  Just a thought.  Don't anyone take
this too seriously because it's not meant to be an attack.  FJM