RE: Jack's "Stradivarius", things that go "boing"

Harv <haandruss@xxxxxxx> wrote...

Jack>>wouldn't sell mine for $500. Hmmmn, maybe that's why I liked the first
Jack>>Hering 64's (copy of the old Hohner 280) so much.

Harv>Hohner has an "Amadeus" that Farrell lists.  It goes for about the same or
Harv>a bit more if I'm not mistaken :-)   I think it has a clear plastic comb
Harv>(could be wrong)

The Amadeus lists for $995. The comb is clear Plexiglas according to Hohner
literature. It's a beautiful instrument. I had a chance to blow a couple notes
on a demo model Farrell had at SPAH a couple years ago, I was afraid to play
very much on it, but as I recall it had a nice feel and good response. Even at
Farrell's more than 40% off list it is still a lot of money ($560) for a 12
holer IMHO - it would have made a lot of sense to me if they had built it on a
14 hole set up (Meisterklas tuning) - if they had, I would probably own one by
now. Hohner came up with what I've heard a lot of players say is the ideal
chromatic set-up in the 14 hole Meisterklas and then they quit making it? Did
Hohner hire some former Commodore marketing people?

Anyone out there ever have a chance to compare an Amadeus with a Silver
Concerto? $1000 vs. $4500 - just curious.

       Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --Internet--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx