Re: Jack's "Stradivarius", th...

>Incidently, what can I do about a noisey slide on the Super 64X harmonica?  I
>bought it some years ago, and even though it had a nice sound, I coun't take
>the noisey slide.  I even changed the rubber tubing that goes over the
>screws, but this did not work.  I have checked out another player's Super 64
>X, and it had a nice quiet slide.  Don't know what to do about mine.

Hey Richard,
as I have mentioned to you some time ago, I bought a super 64x. my slide was
somewhat noisy also, so I took it apart and polished the metal surface on a
japanese water stone at 8000 grit. Then I ran the surfaces of these slide
parts on a felt buffing pad on which I put some jewler's rouge. Polished the
heck out of it and it is so smooth it is not funny. I now run the embouchure
parts of marine bands and other harps on this buffing wheel and they feel
like meisterklasses!
Good luck
                          Christian Laferriere
                           Gatineau, Quebec