RE: Lee Oskar...etc

If the reed starts higher up i.e. more offset it has to travel further
before it chokes.  This takes more energy.  More breath before the reed
chokes.  There's a balance betweeen too much offset and too little and
it's different for different players.  All of this of course applies to
Hohners as well as Huangs and Lee Oskars and Suzukis.  Theres a very good
article in HIP #(?) concerning the mechanics of overblowing and
adjustment for overblows.  It's tangential to this discussion and I
reccommend reading it if you can get your hands on it.  Steve Baker's
excellent book The Harp Handbook also contains useful pertinent
information on this subject.  The book that comes with the Lee Oskar
adjusting tool kit is also useful although somewhat oblique in its
conclusions.  Golly it's amazing what coffee does for my level of
articulation.  My first post was done without the benefits of its
presence.  FJM