Re: mic&amp

> The equipment is part of it, but the player is the biggest determinant in
> sound.  A bad player with a vintage bassman and vintage JT-30 will still
> sound like a bad player.  A good player will sound good regardless of
> what he's playing through.

   Amen! I know a local player who's a genuinely good guy but who, um,
needs a little practice. He calls me every couple of months or so and
asks why he can't get his Bassman reissue and JT-30 to sound like my
Bassman reissue and JT-30. He even went out and bought a tube reverb unit
I used to use until I got tired of hauling it around (I use a reverb
stomp box now). I know what the problem is, but I don't have the heart to
tell him....