Re: Playing Solo

Ben:

Re:  Entertaining solo show

It sounds like you have a few tricks up your sleeve already if you
can do the things you mentioned in your message.  Sounds to me like
you're feeling the jitters badly.  I would bet just DOING the show
will do the most for your confidence about how entertaining you are.
It's only an hour...that's a good time frame for a first jump.

Do the stuff you like the most...don't worry about gymnastics...just
do them with a feeling and ignore the butterflies.  See if that
doesn't get a good audience reaction.

I think solo work is the hardest possible performing because you're
so dang naked out there -- everything's (well, almost...) is hanging
out and you're on the line.  But an audience will respond to genuine
feeling, I've found.  If I make mistakes I roll with it and they seem
to like me the better for it.  Doesn't mean I don't still get
nervous, but almost without exception, they seem to respond to me
when I throw my heart into it.

Good luck...I bet it'll be good.

Cathi N.