Re: Beginner question: type of harp?

My personal favorite used to be Hohner Golden Melody, but I have since
switched to Lee Oscars. I haven't worn one out yet and if I do I can just buy
replacement plates. I also have a couple of Suzukis. They are too expensive
but very well built and sound great. I think the Lee Oscars have a better
sound for blues/rock playing than the Suzuki.
Oh, I also have one Huang Silvertone deluxe because I heard that Madcat Ruth
plays them. It was only $6.50 mail order and a great harp for the money.
Joe