Re: Beginner question: type of harp? (Huang Silvertones)

HARMONICA JOHN	San Diego  PO Box 740613 SD CA 92174 (619)263-6826

God, family, music, fishing, work.	 Can blue men play the whites?

On Sat, 1 Jul 1995, Thomas Hinkle wrote:

> I tried silvertones mainly because I'm a poor boy.  Personally, I hated
> them so much that I'm willing to go deep into debt to not play with them.

THERE GOES YOUR HUANG ENDORSEMENT CONTRACT!! ;^)

> special 20's.  a guy I met at the blues festival was showing off his harp
> of choice to me (Golden Melody) and said that harp had lasted him for 2
> years and I liked the sound of it (he let me play through it) pretty much.

YUCK! DID YOU USE HIS TOOTHBRUSH, TOO?? (ha  ha  ha)

> harmonica.  How about in cross harp, or 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.  BTW, I
> discovered today that playing in C on an A Harp offers a world of
> possibilities.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WEREN'T IN C#? THAT WOULD BE DOUBLE CROSS OR 5th
POSITION ON AN A harp. ( At least I think so)

> > My personal favorite used to be Hohner Golden Melody, but I have since
> > switched to Lee Oscars. I haven't worn one out yet and if I do I can just buy
> > replacement plates. I also have a couple of Suzukis. They are too expensive

DITTO, DITTO AND DITTO- (except the replacement reed plates. I haven't
done that yet. I just get a whole new one if I cant fix the old one.

> > Oh, I also have one Huang Silvertone deluxe because I heard that Madcat Ruth
> > plays them. It was only $6.50 mail order and a great harp for the money.

A NICE HARMONICA.  BTW if anyone has old harmonicas they don't use
anymore, do what my grandpa did-- give them away to little kids. They may
not play seriously then or ever, but someday it may all come back to
them. That weee waaah in out mouthful of music thing all over again!!!

HJ  SD