Perfect Pitch

The only person I know with true perfect pitch (I have tested over 30,000
aurally with this being one of the side issues)  was very miserable about it.
Her perfect pitch wasn't at A=440 it was slightly higher. It meant that
listening to most music was a real pain as it was all flat!   The joy on her
face when we first introduced her to a variable pitch tape recorder was quite
something.

Perfect pitch is a disease so far as I am concerned.  Now Relative pitch is a
very useful commodity.   Again there are two (and maybe more) types.  Those with
true relative pitch, and those with relative pitch accuracy on and about their
instrument or voice (but are not so good with 'external' pitch when listening
with other timbres.

Douglas