Re: Fwd: RE: Lessons and Instruction

>Calvin writes...

>>Greetings, fellow Harp blowers!
>
>>I have just joined this list this week and enjoy the postings.
>
>>I have had several inquiries from people who hear me play and want me to give
>>them lessons.  I would like help from any and all of you who could give me
>>some ideas concerning structure, price, length of harmonica lessons...etc..
>>In essence, what works for you?

Jack replys...
>	I am not a blues harp instructor but I have written a "Getting Started
>on Diatonic" method
>	You are welcome to use my "Getting Started..." if you think it is worth
>while. It is on the Harmonica Gopher or you can find it in the HARP-L
archives.

>-- Jack Ely

I, too, have been thinking about giving lessons to real beginners.  I think
I do have something to offer, even though I am not in a blues band.  I did
locate Jack's well written "Getting Started on the Diatonic harmonica" on
the Harmonica Gopher, called "Short Harp Tips" in the list.  It's posted 13
Jan 1994.  I think it's well written, and worth searching out for all new to
diatonic playing, and those who might want to teach a beginner.  I ran
across an excerpt from his "Getting Started on the chromatic Harmonica" as
well, which got into vibrato techniques.  It was posted 07 jan 1944.  These
are great resources for beginners.  There are many good books out on harp
technique, but it is nice to have something here from one of our own.
Thanks, Jack.

Archive-Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 14:21:47 CDT