Re: Harp-l digest, edited

>It is also usually true that it is more appropriate to send
>an answer direct to the poster, rather than the whole list.

Whoah.  Then it's not a list.  Cut 'em down to size, for sure,
but keep 'em coming to the list!

>If your post is personal, SEND IT DIRECT TO THAT PERSON.

Agreed.

>If you do not like what I have said, REPLY TO ME PERSONALLY.
>I do not want the list cluttered with useless garbage.

But you're suggesting things that have bearing on the list,
therefore it's a legitimate on-list issue and responses should
be to the list.  I absolutely agree with the need for posting
efficiency -- and you've stated the case well -- but I believe
that this list is not just about harmonica. It also is
necessarily about the list itself. That is, sometimes it's
important to discuss how we run the list.

- Michael.