Amplified Playing with gloves?

In a week's time, I'll be going onstage for my first public performance,
for an audience of over 300! Arggghhh -- I'm scared as h... :-)

All sound goes through a large PA-system, and I play through a Shure
SM58. The sound level will make 'acoustic' harp playing impossible. The
rehearsals with the band have gone quite well, but I do find it difficult
to hold the mic properly, -- especially getting a tight cup.

I've been told by another harp player, that it helps to have a large glove
on the left hand, to make the 'cup' better and as a general anti-feedback
device. I have tried it, but it's difficult for me to hear the
difference. The guys in the band just says that both things sounds cool!

Any comments and suggestions as to holding the mic, or amplified playing in
general?

Yours

--
Bo Arlif, boar@xxxxxxx