Tape

> It's not a good idea to make copies of copies.  Each generation picks up
> noise and distortion, etc.  Also, I'm sure some tapes submitted will be
> copies already.  I don't plan on submitting an original recording.  By
> the time you're at three generations, sound quality gets pretty thin.
>

>  -- mike

Just a thought,

Surely a couple of people on either side of the water have a DAT, DCC or
similar high quality recording device which could be used for the master
copies....
I'm sure that anyone wishing to volunteer for the job would first want
some idea of the number of interested parties so...
does anyone know how set up an automated "me too" survey thingie?

Cheers,
Rob.