Re: Vibratos, Etc.

On Mon, 5 Jun 1995, FJM wrote:

> ...Golly if we can't play legato easily we for god's sake ought to get
> vibrato and tremolo. The truly dramatic demonstration of this is to play
> my bass A diatonic.  The different breath pressure required to play this
> thing top to bottom is tremendous.

Tell me about that harp.  Is it's notes arranged one octave lower than a
regular A diatonic, or is an octave added onto the low end?  Sometimes I
feel like a dose of oxygen after playing a leaky Marine Band A, and can't
imagine what would be required on an even lower noted harp!

BTW, having just reread my original "Vibratos, Etc." post, how d'ya like
the new spelling I gave "rhythmically"?  2 outta 3 times yet!  I guess 2AM
was quitting time for half my brain.

> Oh well wait till the weekday folks wake up and find all this latin and
> technobabble acoustics in their mailboxes.  We're in trouble now.  FJM

Look at the bright side.  At least now the archives will have something for
reference.  Not that I'd ever do that, of course...I'd much rather try to
remember all this and rewrite it all over again!  >;)  Incidentally, it's
preferable to me that someone refers me to the archives (with hints where
to look) than to be totally ignored in my query.  While others send their
ones I seek.  Then, I can add to that the info from Harp-Lers who chose to
answer directly.  Best of both worlds, it seems to me!

Till next,
....Bobbie                                            *Harp Spoken Here*