Tommy Morgan

Well,  Harv and I had the opportunity to hear Tommy Morgan live. (And for
free)He was performing at the Mall of America, showcasing a new album
he's on,  Against the Grain.  It's mostly Hymns and other religious stuff.
Wonderful music in deed. Nothing flashy but very beautiful heartwarming
music.
The songs on the album include:
Amazing Grace
Be thou my Vision
Beautiful Savior
My Hope is built on nothing
Let all mortal flesh keep silent
Crown him with many crowns
Now all the vault of heaven resounds
I love to tell the story
Let us break bread together
In the cross of christ I glory
What a friend we have in Jesus
Lord whose love in humble service
Jesus Christ is risen today

The album musicians is comprised of Tom Boyd Tommy Morgan, David Loeb,
Dan Higgins, Dennis Sands,  all of whom are hollywood studio musicians
and collectively have well over 1000 film soundtracks under their belts.

I can't say much about the show, except for the fact that my fiance didn't
want to leave right away(that's saying alot) Tom Boyd the oboist and
leader of the group was mesmerizing.  He tone was smooth and playing was
incredibly even it gave me chills to listen.

Tommy Morgan too is still in tip top playing shape.  Flawless playing.
Beautiful tone while ripping a perfect run here and there.  He even teased
us a bit with the Rockford Files Theme.

After the show they had CD's for sale.  Harv, being of sound mind and
checkbook, was nearly first in line to buy the CD and get it autographed.
And me feeling a bit like a kid too, rushed right up to get my CD signed
as well. Tommy was a gentle fellow, and was willing to talk about anything.
Unfortunately I had nothing to say except for the fact that I'm a harp
player.
 The CD is brought to us by: Forth Coming Productions.  they can be
reached at 13709 Danube Ln., Rosemount, MN 55068 (612) 322-2366
Tapes were 9.95 and CDs were 14.95

Chris Michalek