Re: Acoustic Playing with Mic

<Using an AB box to select 2 different mics>

The big problem I run into using vocal mics for harp is they're usually set
much too loud for the harp.  Also, I often prefer less treble on the harp than
voice.  So here's another idea - using a variation on the AB switch, but to
select different volume levels.

I had an old Olsen Electronics fuzz tone that went belly-up.  I gutted it, but
saved the potentiometers and switch.  I set it up to switch a volume and
simple RC tone control in and out of the circuit.  While I was using it for
guitar, there's no reason it wouldn't work for a shared vocal-harp mic.

I'm not aware of a commercial version of this, but wouldn't be at all
surprised if someone makes a similar stomp box.

If you're interested in building one, contact me off list.

 -- mike
wd6ehr@xxxxxxxxxx