Re: ECH

Mike C asks 3 questions,

>1. Is the slide just a half-step jump, or is it a true portamento tone
bender, like the pitch
 >wheel on a synth (which would allow something similar to a bend)?

The chromatic button on the ECH is essentially a monetary (on/off) switch.
 Although it can be programmed to any tone step up or down a full octave (or
more), the ECH's hand vibrato sensor can be used as a pitch wheel.  The hand
vibrato sensor can be set to read the player's hand movement to create the
same effect as a conventional harmonica.

>2. Does it allow bending of notes, or does it work like a keyboard
instrument,
>playing an unbendable note until you utilize a pitch bender (the slide??) ?

You can refer to my response to a recent message sent by Joe T, but if you
would like more detail, please be sure to write back...

>3. Is it "velocity sensitive", playing a different volume with a different
>breath pressure?  Will it have a similar dynamic range as a stock chromatic?

I have found that the dynamic range is actually greater than that of a
conventional harmonica.  Also, I was sure to incorporate the feature of
volume fluctuation controlled by breath pressure to be consistent with your
familiar harp.

Thanks again for your interest,

Ron L. Schille