Re: blues in orlando?

>At 9:06 AM 6/12/95, jesmith%nhqvax.dnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>I'm going to Orlando this weekend and would like to check out the
>>local talent? Is anyone familiar with some good acts or open mikes there
>>this weekend? You may reply to me at jesmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>if this info is not of general interest.
>
>There ought to be a lot of excellent blues in Orlando this next weekend
>after Houston sweeps.  :-)
>
>Rkt

I'm from Indiana, and retribution would be OK by me but that is really
chilly!!!  Have to admit I want Houston to win, but I want(ed) it to go 7.
7;-)

Anyway, last time I was in Orlando I went to a place downtown called the
"Downtown Blues and Jazz" club or something named very similar to that.  I
hear the name (ownership??) has changed, but they still have blues.  There
was also a club that was owned (previously??) by the same people.  DK name
of it though.

The band I saw was the Roach Thompson Blues Band.  No harp but they got a
three piece horn section and a sax player that'll give ya licks you'd die
for.  The two guitar players are really good too.  I'd recommend you check
them out if you have an opportunity while you are down there (oops, here).

Gary "Indiana" Warren

What did I do to pi** you off this time baaaabyyyyyyy?....Willie Mabon

James "Superharp" Cotton
Jake and Elwood