Re: shaker mics

HARMONICA JOHN	San Diego  PO Box 740613 SD CA 92174 (619)263-6826

God, family, music, fishing, work.	 Can blue men play the whites?

On Tue, 13 Jun 1995, Christian N Michalek wrote:

> I was quite unimpressed with the shaker.  I found the mic to be too small
> and the volume control seemed awkward and in the way.  The mic had no
> bottom what so ever and was not a "hot" as my Bullet.  I had problems with
> feedback all the while I was using it.

The one saving feature of a shaker is yoy can stick it in your pocket and
plug a guitar cable into it for those nights when you might have a chance
to sit in but don.t want to carry 2 lbs of bullet.

> (guitar center)  I bought 7 new harps(G. Melodies) at 13.00 bucks a piece.

That's a good deal!  Golden Melody's are a great playing instrument.

> older and probably put together by hand?  And is it possible these harps
> are so old (price sticker $6.25) that the wood is all dried up and would
> leak a tremedous amount of air?

They probably will leak and then swell up and cut your lips to hell-but
then, they did that 20 yrs ago when they were new anyway. Thank goodness for
plastic combs. Now if I could just sport a moustache without fear of
pain.

I wonder if you could put a drop of some kind of light oil on the comb to
helb stabilize it?

HJ SD