Re: ECH

Joe T asks,

>Does the ECH handle bends?  Personally, I'm most interested in *whether* it
>handles them, but I'm sure some of the more technically-inclined folks on
>the list would also be interested in how it handles them (if at all).

<From day one of the development of the ECH, my first and foremost intention
was for it be be in every way like a conventional harmonica.  It would have
to have the capability for blow/draw, dynamics, and most importantly, bend.
 Finding the method for this to become a reality took many years, but I met
with success.  Because this is an electronic harmonica, the amount of bend is
programmable by the player not only to the usual half-step down, but also can
range to any octave he or she desires, either up or down.  Pairing this with
the ability to change the harp voice, one could conceivably be able to play a
trombone slide...

I hope this answers your question well enough.  I can always go into more
detail if you desire!

Thanks for the interest,

Ron L. Schille