ISDN lines

With regard to an earlier posting recommending ISDN as an inexpensive
way to get relatively high-bandwidth access to the I'net:
WATCH OUT!
The rates for ISDN vary *widely*, depending upon who is providing the
service.  Where I used to live in North Carolina, an ISDN line could
be leased for about $30-35 per month.  I'm now in Indiana, and found
out the Ameritech, the only service provider here, charges for ISDN
BY THE MINUTE; if you use it, say, for business use, it will cost
about five hundred dollars per month.  (I have complained to
Ameritech: they are "looking into it".)
*Russ Eberhart