Vintage Marine Band No 1896

    A girl at work brought in a Marine Band which was her father's. She would
    like to sell it so I had Richard Smith appraise it.

    He dates it circa 1936.  -- Model # 1896 -- 10 hole -- Key of C

    The harmonica is in good condition and doesn't appear to have been played
    much. (No evidence of cracked or swelled wood - no rust - cover plating is
    in good shape). Some oxidation on the reed plates - but nothing abnormal,
    very even - I would hesitate cleaning them. The wood comb shows just a
    slight bit of "players residue" (spit stains in other words) - like it may
    have been played a couple times and then put away.

    The cardboard case is in pretty good condition and probably worth as much
    or a little more than the harmonica according to Richard. The box bottom
    has a stain, looks like ink - but it doesn't cover any of the writing. The
    lid has one end split out -- looks repairable but I hesitate doing
    anything lest I take away from the collector's value.

    Well, didn't want to get too windy here. Just trying to give an accurate
    description. Any collectors out there interested? Any offer around $20 + a
    couple $ for postage will be considered. Please post to me privately.

         Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --Internet--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx