A couple of Qs

I have a couple of questions:

1. My CX12 suffers from curling windsavers.  After every hour or so of
   playing, I find that at least one of the windsavers has curled up, far
   enough to leak noisily.  Does anyone else have this problem?  What do
   you do?  I patiently straighten them out without removing them, but this
   is a real pain.

2. To plug a low impendance mic (1/8" jack) into a high impedance socket
   (1/4") I am faced with:

   1/8" low Z -> 1/8" to 1/4" converter -> 1/4" to xlr converter ->
   xlr low Z to 1/4" high Z matcher

   Yuk.  Any better ideas?  How hard can it be to make my own matcher
   anyway.

Thanks for any ideas.

+Richard