Echo Harp Construction

I was examining the old C echo harp (tremolo) and noticed something a
little different on the 2 hole and the 9 hole. These two fellows have a
solid piece of wood separating the upper holes from the lower. On the
other holes these is not a solid piece of wood but rather a piece of
wood with a small hole through it. Does anyone know the reason for the
difference? We here in Bloomington are going through a harp drought!
Please, somebody tell me that C. Musselwhite will be in the state soon!

Jim