Re: gg, KW

I lived in Charlottesville a few years ago and saw Gary Green perform at a
number of Blues Jams and performances with his own band - Mississippi Tom and
the Mudcats. Lately, he is playing with a group called the Treefrogs- an
ecclectic mix of jazzy/bluesy originals with tongue-in-cheek lyrics. IMHO,this
new group is more suited to his style - which as you mentioned is technically
brilliant - fast, clean runs. My only criticism of his playing is that when he
plays blues,he tends to go off in directions that no longer resembles the blues.
Call me a tradional sort or a purist, but I am just not that crazy about his
blues playing. Nonetheless, he knows the instrument and I believe he won an
award for best harmonica player at a European Harmonica Contest (hohner?) in
the early 90's. For what it is worth, if you are in Charlotesville and want to
hear some KILLER Chicago Blues Harp, check out Foulton Patrick - aside from
being a close friend and my harp mentor - he has been playing blues for 20
years and he has the tone to show it!

Kurt Crandall