Re: Tuning

HARMONICA JOHN	San Diego  PO Box 740613 SD CA 92174 (619)263-6826

God, family, music, fishing, work.	 Can blue men play the whites?

On 27 Jun 1995, Douglas Tate wrote:

> On the harmonica I have to admit to not liking chords a hell of a lot.  As soon

Sounds like a chromatic thing!  :^)

> individual finger work to make the thing sound good.  Interesting thing there is
> that with a good guitar it seems to work itself into tune after you have played

I have noticed that too. Probably has something to do with unconcious
unequal string pressure while playing to get chords to sound right.

> I understan that Wes Montgomery was once asked how he did the thing with his
> thumb.  The reply was 'I don't want to know'  implying that if he became too
> aware of it he wouldn't be able to do it.

Kind of like when Peter walked on water?

> We examine more and more of less and less.  I think we are in danger of becoming
> experst at something.

Just not spellign.  &^)

I enjoy DT's posts. So much information and he is soooo glib!

HJ  SD