Re: Harmonicats LP

Hi Bobbie,

You don't know how lucky you are with this Mercury 2-LP set ! Jerry Murad and
his Harmonicats are one of the legendary harmonica groups around and have been
going on for thr last 50 years or so. To most of us (chromatic) harmonica
players they were and still are our heroes.
Jerry plays the chromatic harmonica (4-octave model), Al Fiore plays the long
chord harmonica (listen to the amazing chords in the introduction of Peg of my
heart) and Don Les is the bass harmonica player. Sadly Don has recently passed
away. He was one of the best bass players in the harmonica world. In this
double album, if you do have the track Mack the knife, then listen to the bass
track.
They have been recording since late 40's and Peg... was the single which sold
over million copies and made the Harmonicats famous. They have recorded a large
number of singles and albums and there are many fanatics (like me for instance)
who had been collecting their recordings and I'm happy to say that I have most
of their recordings. There is at least one CD I've seen of the Harmonicats
which you might be able to find.
Talking about train-sounds...listen to their recording of 'Orange blossom
special'....
You can catch Jerry at the forthcoming SPAH concert, I think.

Gautam Choudhury
--

                       COMPUTER ASSOCIATES
			Gautam Choudhury

              Wattbaan 27            PO-box: 577
 	      3439 ML Nieuwegein     3450 AN Nieuwegein
 	      The Netherlands        The Netherlands

 	            email: choga01@xxxxxxxxxx
		    email: choga01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    phone: +31-3402/48345