Re: articulation

I used to believe that old saw about most of what harmonicas players do
is invisible.  Until I thought about it.  When a guitar player
manipulates the strings on a guitar and I watch it means virtually
nothing to me.  I have absolutely no context with which to discern any
knowledge of his articulation. When I hear a harmonica player play a
phrase I know absolutely the way that it was played. It's different than
seeing it played but no less a clue.  I do realize that the inability to
show someone how to play a phrase on a harmonica is a major impediment to
teaching someone that can't hear it.  This is probably why I'm such a bad
teacher.  FJM