Re: Harp-l is back

At 08:51 12/18/2002 -0500, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
>This is a test of the new version of harp-l.  We have changed service
>providers to ValuePriceHosting.com, which we hope will be a more stable
>environment than garply.

To those of you who don't know...
The story behind the hiatus of Harp-l is one of beating heads against brick
walls..  Jonas, Michael and the Workers on Harp-L have had a monumental
struggle with Garply to get ANYTHING going... even down to the stupid
business of us having to buy a hard disk... for a provider!!!   Jonas has
done a vast amount on this and Michael Polesky and Bobbie Giordano have
done considerable research in the background trying to find a host which
will be long lasting,stable, easy to operate with etc... also cheaper.

SPAH has sponsored the cost of Harp-L for the past few years ut takes no
part in policy decisions or the running of it.  We sponsor because this is
the only list where all harmonica subjects may be openly debated... it is
also, I think, the oldest and largest list.

Thanks to all of those who have spent frustrating... but eventually
fruitful hours getting harp-L back in circulation.

Douglas Tate
President ... SPAH