Re: To use an octave device?

>   I came to the idea of using octave devices that guitar players use,
>   maybe something like the "BOSS OC-2 OCTAVE"? I havn't tried one,
>   has anyone tried similar things? I would love to know how you think!

The OC-2 doesn't work too well with harmonica. It doesn't recognize the
notes very well and its biggest problem is that it has a limited range. It
doesn't recognize notes higer than hole 5 on my C harp.

Boss also make a pitch shifter. This can be used to shift the pitch an
octave down. It does work a lot better with the harmonica. it works over the
whole range and doesn make mistakes like the OC-2 does.
I think that if you use both (the pitchshifter into the OC-2) you can get
very low indeed :-)

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica
Scale and Chord finder for the harmonica and all alternative tunings.