Carey Bell rocked the house!

I caught Carey Bell at the Grand Emporium here in KC last Friday
night.  What surprised me most is the range of his playing -- he
played some of the sweetest harp, melodic, smooth as velvet.  And he
played raucous Chicago electric harp with bends he was pulling from
his toes!  It was great.

During the show, after almost every song he would bend over his amp
and adjust his affects box.  I asked a knowledgeable friend who was at
the show too, and he said that the box was a Harmonicist (by Boss?).
I don't for a minute suggest that Bell's great sound was due to the
box, but a quick adjustment let him go from smooth to raunchy.

- -Phil "Great to have Harp-L back!" in KC