Re: To use an octave device?

Chris Hammond wrote:
>Definitely stay away from the OC-2 for Harp. It does not respond quickly
>enough to note changes. I have one, works great for guitar, sucks for harp.

I guess I didn't set my standards high enough, I really enjoy my OC-2 for
harp.  Contrary to what others have said about notes being too high for the OC-
2, my experience has been that low notes generate a lot of distortion.  I like
mine for harps keyed D and higher.

In another trick I stole from Jason Ricci (only steal from the best!), I
sometimes use my OC-2 as a distortion unit by turning the octaves all the way
down and the pass through all the way up, which adds a nice crunch to clean
amp/mic setups.

Just my (OC-)2 cents,

- -tim
www.workingmansharps.com