Re: This is about my 12th lesson with Michael Polesky

In a message dated 12/21/02 7:19:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
LesFormes@xxxxxxx writes:

> Kenny
> I am very much interested in your observations as pertain to this
> exercise, how does playing up to speed, and than slowing down is helping
> your tone, rhythm etc.
>
> (I just started on ten hole)

Fortunately I have good tone, not that it couldn't be better and I can tap my
foot and count like most everybody else [rythm]

The purpose of playing it fast, regardless of mistakes,
forces it into my memory.  For lack of a better term,  I'll call it
fingering. [blowing, drawing and slide depression]  Playing it at "my" speed
without mistakes does the same thing, also gives me confidence. Michael
didn't say this.  I'm guessing........Kenny