Subject: Re: Little Walter biography reviewed by Glenn Weiser for Metroland magazine

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:33:34 -0700
> From: tom ball
> Subject: Re: Little Walter biography reviewed by Glenn Weiser for Metroland magazine
>
> Hi Glenn,
>
> While I hate to nitpick, it should be mentioned that Little Walter
> did in fact record on guitar.  That's him on guitar on "Bad Acting
> Woman," "Muskadine Blues" and "Moonshine Blues" (rec 1950 and
> released as by Baby Face Leroy and/or by Little Walter Trio,) and he
> also played guitar on Muddy Waters' "Honey Bee" and "Still A Fool."
>
> How was he as a guitarist?  Ummm.... in my humble opinion?  Let's
> just say he was a truly astonishing harp player.  :)
>
> cheers,
>
> Tom Ball
> Santa Babs

Tom-

Nitpick away!
Did he ever record straight acoustic, miked only? I know he recorded on guitar, but I don't think those cuts are unamplified acoustic guitar.
You couldn't really play acoustic with drums in there, right? That was my point.

- -Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm