Daily Almanac - December 24

I have no events to report for today.

First, I want to wish everybody out there the very best of holiday seasons.
Whatever you may or may not celebrate, whatever your belief system might be;
this is truly a wonderous time of year.  It's a time to gather with family,
with friends or to simply reach out to strangers.  It is a time to reflect
on the past and to look towards the future.  It is a time to give and a time
to recieve.

It's a great time of year to pull out those dusty Christmas records and a
few new gems. (If you have got Tommy Morgan's "Christmas" CD, there is
always next year).  I relish seasonal music.  Some of it is sappy, some of
it inspiring, some of it maudlin.  And there is no escaping it unless you
stay at home and crank up your Metallica collection.  I think that even the
worst of holiday songs still evokes some kind of emotion from us.  It is in
our souls, a part of our upbringings.  After trying as hard as I can to be
cynical, I usually end up enjoying it, knowing that those songs will be
around again next year and the year after that.

Friends and family will come and go, but the seasons endure.  So let us make
the best of it and enjoy each other's company while we can.  I thank each
and every  one of you for your insights.

Happy Holiday Season,  Have fun and yes, you still should practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net