Re: To use an octave device?

Chris Hammond wrote:
"I seem to have quite a bit of problem with the
OC-2 basically dropping out completely on a bend or on a low note.  If I
stick to holes 3 and above it seems to track quite well.  I get a nasty
cracking sound that occurs just as the note drops out.  Not sure what is
causing this."

In my experience, the likeliest cause of these symptoms is a worn-out
battery.  Try replacing the 9-volt battery in the unit or switching to a
wall-wart power supply.  Otherwise, it's pretty unusual for this device
not to track low notes.

If the battery switch doesn't do the job, I suggest that you try running
a different instrument, say a guitar or keyboard, or even a different
mic into the unit to see whether the problem is in the OC-2, or in the
mic feeding it.

Regards, Richard Hunter
http://www.hunterharp.com
Turtle Hill Productions