Re: Victoria '59 Bassman Owners

In a message dated 12/25/2002 9:43:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi Dave,
> I'm an owner of a REAL and unmodified '59 Bassman, and from checking them
> out thoroughly, the Victoria Bassmans are the CLOSEST thing to the real
> deal. To get a Fender RI to get near this, there are tube swaps, plus if
> you want to spend the money, also the transformers, and changing from the
> printed circuit the Fender RI uses to cloth covered point to point hand
> wiring. One thing the Victoria does do like the original that you cannot
> change on thne Fender RI is the fact that the Victoria, just like the
> original, uses a finger jointed cabinet, but the Fender skimps on it, and
> that's a big negative. To make it cheaper for most people to buy, Fender
> cut alot of corners. So, IMHO, Fender's RI doesn't come remotely close to a
> Victoria. What you'd pay for to get the Fender RI to sound like the real
> deal, it's cheaper to get a Victoria. If you want to know all the
> differences between the Fender RI and the real deal, check out Gerald
> Weber's book, "A Desktop Reference of Hip Vintage Guitar Amps," which has a
> chapter devoted to this and is THE best information regarding this. You
> should be albe to get this at some music shops or at <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/";>http://www.amazon.com</A>
> or at Kendrick Amps website <A HREF="http://www.kendrick-amps.com/";>http://www.kendrick-amps.com</A> .
>
> As far as the Blues Junior (to be honest, the Pro Junior for my

    Thanks for all the info.I knew the Vics were much better than the RI's.I
think my bassman has the blue eminence speakers,at least that's what I was
told.I bought it new about 6 or 7 years ago.I'm not going to mess with it to
make it sound better.Hopefully I'll have enough money some day to buy a
Vic.Thanks for the info.........Dave