Re: Victoria '59 Bassman Owners

Stock speakers for the Vic Bassman are Reissue Jensen P10Rs.  For guitar
player reviews and comparisons of the Victoria Bassman, go to website below.
  Some of the info is useful.
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Victoria_Amplifier_Co_/45410-01.html

I haven't giged with my Vic '59 yet, so it has yet to pass the acid test.
But based on what I'm getting out of it now, I expect it to pass with flying
colors.  Of all the at-home amps I've blown thru in the last 30 years, it is
by far and away heads above the rest.  The closest to it was an original '59
I played years ago.  It's not an A/B comparison, but if memory serves, I do
prefer the Vic '59. This opinion might change if I were to A/B it with an
original that's been capped and tubed. I should also say that I've never
played an amp designed specifically for harp, such as the Sonny Jr., but I
have played most of the Fender amps used for harp.  My thing is to
"harmonicaize" normal amps with tube and speaker swaps.

As far as price justification goes, for me it's worth it.  I went looking
for an original '59 and found they run from 3 to 5 grand.  My Vic '59 cost
$1500. used, mint, speakers not yet broken in.  Not bad for an amp that
sounds as good as or better than an original. Unlilke Fender, who puts out
printed circuit "re-issues", Victoria specializes in exact replicas of the
point-to-point hand wired circuits.  Check out: victoriamp.com, click your
way to the 45410T amp.

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_advancedjmf_3mf