Re: A fifth above? and a lesson.

Please, Please---
let's learn basic major scale theory and intervals!
This is like 4th grade math without even the multiplication tables!

>You must count up WHOLE tones; vis: C D E F G = G...this will do
>it...smokey.
C-D whole step, D-E Whole, E-F Half Step, F-G Whole, G-A Whole,
A-B Whole, B-C Half.
    E-F is not a whole tone-Smoky probably meant SCALE TONES
Counting is not inclusive of the starting note.
Thinking in terms of a major scale or mode of the major scale is so much
easier and more practical than thinking in half steps.

Blues theory--learn your I, IV and V chords for EVERY key.

Your cross harp/2nd Position formula will always be Harp Key=IV chord.

Inverted Intervals always add up to NINE-major will change to minor, minor
to major and perfect(5ths, 4ths, octave, tritone)
A fifth up is a fourth down.
A major second up is a minor seventh down.
A minor third up is a major sixth down.
...etc.

Michael Peloquin-Member of SPAH(A is for ADVANCEMENT)
http://www.kharps.com/peloquin1.html