Re: Little Walter's Problem

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:18:16 EST
> From: ShMclendon@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Little Walter's Problem
>

> I was not lucky an enough to hear Walter play live and I will never be good
> an enough to play as well as he did and I hope to God I. Never feel the pain
> he was able to express in song's like Sad Hours. Part of what made Men like
> Walter was the lifestyle they lived and in a lot of cases is was what killed
> them as well and the debate over his decline shows both a lack of
> understanding as well as a lack of respect for the Man and the body of work
> he left behind like us all he had Demons and from them came his music

I don't see any disrespect to Walter in discussing his decline. He had a human weakness many have had, include folks right here.
We're not sitting in judgement of him. I don't think you'll find too many musicians who haven't had to deal with substance issues
on some level or another.
Nothing can take away from the artistic triumphs Walter achieved in the 1950s. But it's fair to say  that if he, Butter, Wm Clarke, and others had taken better care of themselves, they might still be alive and playing today.

Glenn Weiser