Re: Walter's Primitive Period

As to remembering LW for his music rather than his negatives...yeah,we
probably should but the fact is that's not how it works.For example,
consider Charlie Parker,Jimi Hendrix,etc. Or,if you want to look further
back and away from music, you find Poe and Coleridge and many others.

And now that I think about it,maybe we really should always remember the
ways alcohol and or drugs destroyed LW...in other words,if a great artist
like LW can be destroyed by his addiction,then certainly a schmuck like me
can be,too.A bit of a cautionary tale.

I also agree with Chris.LW's music came from his talents and
musicianship,not his demons.As Chris said,LW's demons killed him.And what an
obscene waste...who knows what music LW would have made had he lived?
WVa Bob