RE: evolution and the harp

Caveman blues... sounds like Gindick's "Rock & Blues harmonica" book!

LOL

- -----Original Message-----
From: Linda Delong [mailto:delongj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 12:19 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: evolution and the harp

MatCoward@xxxxxxx wrote:

> There was a drama-documentary on British TV this weekend about Charles
> Darwin, in which I learned that the "mouth organ" played a small but
crucial
> part in the great man's work; he played a harp to human babies, apes
and
> earthworms, to compare their responses. I'm sure some of the giggers
on this
> list have had similar audiences ... but does anyone know whether this
is our
> instrument's sole claim to scientific immortality?
> - Mat C <A

  Not exactly a harmonica but I watched an episode of " Nature" on PBS
last
night that stated that one of the very earliest true musical instruments
found
by archeologists was a hollow turkey buzzard bone with holes drilled in
it.They
went on to say that this instrument was not played like a flute or
panpipe but
with a REED inserted in the end.They estimated the age of these finds to
be 35 -
50,000 years old! Caveman Blues anyone?
Peace,
                                                Jeff