Re: Spirit Harp Pro or RI Bassman?

Dejon,
    Well I could confuse you more and tell you what I would do but I won't.  But
something to consider, a lotta small amps can sound pretty big driving a big extension
cab.  I've used a tweed Harvard (a 1x10, 12 watt amp) with a 4x10 extension cabinent,
this cab itself was a tweed Bassman cabinent without an amp chassis that had been
re-wired to 8 ohms to match the 8 ohm output of the Harvard.  For rehearsal, recording,
and small gigs I'd use the Harvard. I'd bring both to big gigs and use the Harvard as a
"head" to drive the 4x10 extension cab.  It was pretty loud and big sounding.  A lotta
people get caught up in thinking wattage has something to do with getting heard, it's
only a small part of the picture.  It's projection, having many speakers, and the
efficiency of these speakers that matters.  On the same idea, once when I was servicing
my Vibrolux (I had the chassis removed from the cab) I used my BF VibroChamp as a head
to drive the 4 ohm, 2x10 cab since it is a perfect match to the 4 ohm output of the
VibroChamp.  You have no idea how great a Champ can sound when pushing a bigger 2x10
cab, it's friggin loud!  One thing to remember when using low wattage amps with big cabs
is to make sure you are using low wattage, efficient speakers in the extension cab and
that you have an unserstanding of the impedance matching issues involved.
    OK, so I lied, I'll tell you what I'd do, get a SF Princeton Reverb, service it and
modify it for harp, then get a 4x10 extension cab to use with the Princeton.

Good luck,
Don D.