Re: harp-l-digest V10 #19

on 12/30/2002 4:27 PM, harp-l-digest at owner-harp-l-digest@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:20:46 +0100
> From: the Leones <leone@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: evolution and the harp
>
>> Smokey=Joe,
>> The incident you recall included Andy Devine as the harmonica player - I
>> have a copy on video. The "death sound" statement has long been used as
>> a trailer on Harmonica John Frazer's signature.
>> Danny
>>

> Yeah, I know. Only difference; Big John uses "Watch out". Originally it
> WAS "No. don't follow him". Andy Devine is one of my all time favorites.
> Story was sort of a modern rendition of "The boy who cried Wolf", Huh? I
> just wrote the post for "Grinns"

I wanted it to fit on one line, plus I want followers. (Club owners always
ask if you have a following)

> I think Andy was playing a 270. Andy DID play some. (So did Dub
> Taylor)...Joe-e-kid

The actual playing was done by the great one- Tommy Morgan.

As long as you guys are talking about me, I still have a few copies of my
first CD available. $10 plus $1.50 shipping. Send me a check and an email,
and you can have one in your hand! Snippets available on my website.

I sent the announcement just before the CRASH OF 2002 (harp-l down) and
wondered if that was what killed the "l"

hj
- --

Watch out! He has some kind of an instrument that lets out a death sound!
Harmonica John Frazer  PO Box 740613  San Diego, CA 92174 ph.(619)263-6826

www.harmonicajohn.com