Re: How much for a gig

I think that geographic location and style of music are the two biggest
variables. Affluent, tourist cities pay more than large urban areas, and
blues and rock clubs tend to pay more than folk or jazz (around here anyway).

In mid to west Michigan, the going rate for blues and rock clubs seems to be
about $400 for a weeknight and $500 for Friday or Saturday - that's what we
get anyway, and other bands I've talked to seem to get about the same. I
think there are a few very popular bands who get more, and there are many
bands just starting out who are willing to play for $200 on weeknights.

Also, don't forget to negotiate for perks. We might be willing to play for
$400 on a weekend if we each get a free meal and the place has really good
food. We also get free drinks most places we play - that is a perk we are
careful not to abuse. :-)

I hope this helps a little.

Wow71@xxxxxxx wrote:

> If I was good enough to headline a small group. What could I expect to get
> paid? I know there are variables, but on average?........Kenny

- --
Alec Drachman
http://www.bluecats.org